Wednesday, 22 January 2014

#ReadWomen2014 Aims To Bring Gender Equality To The Literary World

Kindle

Writer and artist Joanna Walsh wants this to be the year that more women are read.



Courtesy of Joanna Walsh



Courtesy of Joanna Walsh


“The bookmarks were created because I’d been too lazy to send Christmas cards, and was shamed into it by the beautiful cards I was sent, especially by illustrator friends,” Walsh wrote to BuzzFeed. “I chose to draw women writers inspired by a couple of (male) journalists I was in touch with on Twitter — Matt Jakubowski and Jonathan Gibbs — who'd noticed that, despite being book reviewers, they infrequently read books by women. I was impressed they were willing to make a (public) effort to read more widely.”




View Entire List ›


via IFTTT


Kindle

The post #ReadWomen2014 Aims To Bring Gender Equality To The Literary World appeared first on iPhone 6.


No comments:

Post a Comment